The Mid-year meeting, HDR conference and learning and teaching workshops will be held at Southern Cross University, Queensland on Monday 15 and Tuesday 16 July.
Monday 15 July
- 8:45 – 5:00pm CAUTHE-SMAANZ Mid-year HDR Conference – Building A, Level 4 Function Room | Building B, Level 5.40 Meeting Room (break out room)
- The conference will provide the opportunity for students to present work in a formal program, gain feedback, and network with other HDR students.
- DOWNLOAD FINAL HDR CONFERENCE PROGRAM
- 8:45am – 12:30pm Assessment Design workshop – Building B, Level 6.25 Board Room
- Presented by Dr Paul Whitelaw (Associate Director, Higher Education, William Angliss Institute) and Associate Professor Pierre Benckendorff (The University of Queensland)
- Participants will use the five TH&E DOMAINS (Service and Experience Design, Interdisciplinary Inquiry, Collaboration, Problem Solving and Professional Responsibility) to develop
- principles around best practice assessments in each of the three FIELDS of study (tourism, hospitality or events)
- an exemplary assessment for each FIELD. For more see Meeting the Standard for tourism, hospitality and events
- DOWNLOAD ASSESSMENT DESIGN WORKSHOP AGENDA
- 1:30-4:00pm Learning and Teaching Case Study workshop – Building B, Level 6.25 Board Room
- A new initiative designed to support members’ teaching and to be facilitated by Professor Marianna Sigala (University of South Australia)
- The workshop aims to ‘train’, guide and motivate scholars to develop, write and use case studies for educational purposes. The workshop will be interactive and it will use case studies published in the Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Cases to provide real life examples. The workshop will provide a robust methodology and detailed guidelines on how to write case studies. Pedagogical strategies that can be used for integrating case studies into instructional methods will also be presented.
- DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY WORKSHOP AGENDA
- 4:00-5:00pm Drinks and nibbles – Building A, Level 4 Function Room
- 5:30pm til late Social dinner – Xenia Grill, 58 Marine Parade, Coolangatta, Queensland. All welcome (costs covered by attendees).
Tuesday 16 July
- 9:30 – 11:30am CAUTHE Mid-year meeting – Building A, Level 4 Function Room
- DOWNLOAD MID-YEAR MEETING AGENDA
***REGISTRATIONS CLOSED*** Deadline Monday 1 July 2019
- CAUTHE Associate and Student members: FREE
- Non-CAUTHE members: $50 (includes morning and afternoon tea and lunch on Monday only) Pay here
Venue, parking and access
Address: Gold Coast Airport, Terminal Dr, Bilinga QLD 4225 (Access via Terminal Drive, Gold Coast Airport).
Parking: The dates for this event fall within a teaching period, during which there is limited parking on campus. All parking is on a search and find basis and there are no visitor passes and no ability to reserve parking. Please ensure you park according to sign-posts and do not leave cars overnight to avoid fines.
Transport: Please click on the following link to see options of how to travel to/from the Gold Coast campus by public transport.
Access: All facilities are fully wheelchair accessible.
CAUTHE secretariat Penny Jose