‘Transformations in Uncertain times: Future perfect in tourism, hospitality and events’
The CAUTHE 2021 conference to be convened by CAUTHE, and will be held online over multiple day slots, between 13:00-16:00 (AEDT) from Tuesday 9 – Friday 12 February. A PhD/ECR workshop will be held in the week prior on Friday 5 February. The conference is being hosted on the EventsAIR OnAIR platform. CAUTHE has engaged the Forum Group Events and Marketing, with experience and expertise in delivering online conferences to manage the conference. The integrated OnAIR platform will provide a seamless secure user access which will include virtual sessions, e-posters, networking, an exhibitor marketplace and a meeting hub for a full conference experience.
CAUTHE 2021 will be an enriched online experience combining the traditional CAUTHE conference events accompanied with interactive online sessions. The online program will feature the following activities, amongst many others:
- keynote speeches from world-wide tourism researchers and professionals
- industry and academic panel discussions
- PhD / ECR workshop and SIG meetings
- researcher mentorship opportunities by the Fellows
- a publisher and sponsors’ marketplace
- concurrent paper and e-poster presentations
- surprising social activities and networking opportunities
- a ‘meet the journal editors’ workshop
- video case studies by the Case Study project
- the entertaining and educative Great Debate
With CAUTHE 2021 going online, the conference has the potential to be bigger, more internationally accessible and inclusive, more scalable and flexible and, as always, social with “edutainment” and fun!
Call for papers
The CAUTHE 2021 Scientific Committee welcomes full research papers and working research papers on several different topics relating to this year’s theme Transformations in Uncertain Times: Future perfect in tourism, hospitality and events. Given the diversity and multi-dimensional nature of transformation in our industries, papers can focus on a broad range of topics relating to (but not limited to) a range of conference research tracks.
- Full paper submission: 1 October 2020
- Working paper submission: 31 October 2020
- Author feedback: 30 November 2020
- Submission of revised papers: 15 December 2020
- Online presentation of papers: 9-11 February 2021
*Earlybird deadline Mon 21-Dec-20
University of South Australia
The Hotel School, Southern Cross University