Fellow membership is granted by the CAUTHE Executive to people in recognition of their enduring commitment to tourism, hospitality and/or event education and research and CAUTHE. Professors Betty Weiler and Bob McKercher are the current co-chairs of the Fellows.
The Fellowship was formed in August 2008 and marked a significant milestone in the development and maturation of CAUTHE. The inaugural Fellows were formally invested at the CAUTHE 2009 Conference in Fremantle. Professor Leo Jago was the foundation Chair of the Fellows from 2009-2018. The role of Tony Nankervis, Swinburne University, in bringing the Fellowship to life was also acknowledged. Professor Philip Pearce was Chair of the Fellows in 2019-2020. The Emeritus Fellow status was introduced in 2014 for those Fellows who have retired. The Honorary Fellow status was introduced in 2019 to recognise the contributions of international colleagues to CAUTHE.
To be eligible for consideration as a Fellow of CAUTHE, an individual must have made an outstanding contribution in at least two of the following categories:
- The CAUTHE organisation
- Hospitality, tourism and/or event research
- Hospitality, tourism and/or event education
As a principal requirement, the individual will have been a regular attendee at CAUTHE conferences and will usually be a CAUTHE Associate member.
- Certificate awarded at the annual conference
- Listed prominently on the CAUTHE website
- The CAUTHE Fellows’ awards are given each year to academics from Australia or New Zealand who are seen to have made the greatest contribution to research and education in the tourism, hospitality and/or events context from those who have been nominated.
- There are four awards. Two awards will be given to new and emerging scholars, and two to mid-career scholars, who have made a strong contribution to research and education respectively.
- Nominees must also demonstrate active involvement in CAUTHE and its related activities. The criteria are contained in the file/s below.
- Nominations due to CAUTHE Secretariat ca[email protected] by 30 November 2022.