CAUTHE 2022 – 32nd CAUTHE conference
Theme: Shaping the Next Normal in Tourism, Hospitality and Events
Date: 7-9 February 2022
The Department of Tourism, Sport and Hotel Management at Griffith University hosted the 32nd CAUTHE 2022 Conference Online. The conference used the EventsAir OnAir platform, and showcased a range of exciting and topical conference keynotes, panels and concurrent sessions. PhD Scholar, Early-Career Researcher and Mid-Career Academic workshops were held on the first half-day of the conference. Forum Group Events and Marketing, with experience and expertise in delivering conferences, was engaged to manage the conference.
Tourism, hospitality and events are experiencing a time of unprecedented transformation, shaped by globalisation, technological advancement and social change. In keeping with the theme, Shaping the Next Normal in Tourism, Hospitality and Events, the CAUTHE 2022 Conference provided a great opportunity for educators, researchers and practitioners to shape the ‘next normal’ in tourism, hospitality and events, with an emphasis on the role of research and education in generating constructive conversation designed to position these sectors as agents of sustainable development. It was also a wonderful opportunity for CAUTHE to expand its reach and impact by welcoming and encompassing into its program scholars from all over the globe, enabling engagement with the local CAUTHE community.
The CAUTHE 2022 Conference aimed to advance current debates regarding transformations and future directions in tourism, hospitality and events. To that end, the conference brought together scholars, researchers, professionals and policymakers, to stimulate discussions and the exchange of research findings and ideas pertaining, but not limited to questions addressing the conference theme.
- Conference Convenor – Associate Professor Leonie Lockstone-Binney
- Scientific Committee – Associate Professor Brent Moyle and Dr Anna Kralj
- Programming Committee – Dr Elaine Yang
- Sponsorship and Marketing Committee – Associate Professor Kevin Filo
- Venues and Operations Committee – Dr Barry Fraser
Keynotes and panels
- Keynote1: Dr Valerie Cooms Indigenous Tourism: What is It?
- Keynote 2: Professor Girish Prayag Tourism Resilience in the Next Normal
- Panel Session 1 Shaping the Next Normal in Tourism, Hospitality and Events: An International Perspective
- Panel Session 2 Get Set for the 2032 Olympics and Paralympics Games: Leveraging the Long-term Opportunities of Mega Events
- Full paper submission: 31 October 2021 (extended until 14 November)
- Working paper submission: 31 October 2021 (extended until 14 November)
- Brisbane Airport
- Griffith Aviation
- Griffith Institute for Tourism
- Griffith Business School
- Wiley Higher Education
- James Cook University
- Intellect Books
- Goodfellow Publishers