PhD Virtual Wednesday Workshops
NEW!! We are excited to announce a new initiative for 2020. ‘The PhD in unprecedented times’ Virtual Wednesday Workshops aim to support current PhD students in their study progress during this challenging time. The workshops provide an opportunity to present your research on an online interactive platform and receive constructive feedback from senior academics and your fellow students. Along with PhD presentations, the workshops will feature senior academic presentations about PhD related topics based on the current situation. To submit a proposal or register to go Virtual Wednesday Workshops.
PhD and ECR Workshop
The Bill Faulkner PhD Scholar and Early Career Researcher workshop is held annually immediately prior to the CAUTHE conference. The full day workshop provides PhD scholars and ECRs (completed a PhD within the past five years and have a teaching or research position) the opportunity to develop relevant knowledge, skills, and expertise through their PhD journey and into the early stages of their career thereafter. The workshop is a great opportunity for up-coming researchers to network with fellow scholars and internationally recognised academics. Senior academics provide their own experience and insightful advice into strategic thinking and approaches for developing a successful long-term academic career.
Mid-Career Academic Workshop
The Mid-Career Academic (MCA) workshop is held every two years immediately prior to the annual conference. The workshop provides MCAs (at least five years a post-PhD completion and have a non-entry-level teaching and/or research position) with strategic and practical advice on academic career development through one-to-one mentoring sessions and panel discussions with CAUTHE fellows and senior professors.
- 2020 Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand 2020 Program
- 2018 University of Newcastle, Australia 2018 Program | Ritchie B_Research Impact | Harris_Wilson_Organisational Citizenship | Hardy A_Tourism Tracer
- 2016 Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School, Sydney
- 2014 University of Queensland, Brisbane
- 2013 Lincoln University, New Zealand
CAUTHE PhD Scholar and Early Career Researcher Bursaries
The PhD student and Early Career Researcher (ECR) bursaries are designed to support travel to and attendance at the Annual conference. The bursaries include PhD/ECR workshop and conference registration fees, and up to $1000 for travel, accommodation and other expenses to facilitate access to the conference.
Eligibility criteria include:
- Applicants must be enrolled or working at a CAUTHE Chapter member Institution (contact CAUTHE secretariat if you are unsure); and
- Be an individual Associate or Student CAUTHE member at the time of the application and conference, or join as an individual member at the time of application.
- PhD scholars must be enrolled as a full- or part-time PhD student
- ECRs must have completed their PhD within five years of the conference
- Submit a full-refereed paper to the CAUTHE 2019 conference, with the applicant as the primary author (with the only acceptable co-authors for PhD bursaries being the author’s registered supervisors)
Contact the PhD/ECR bursary representative, Naomi Dale for further information about bursaries.
Workshop & bursary coordinators
Faculty of Business, Government & Law
University of Canberra
School of Management
Victoria University of Wellington
University of Queensland