The CAUTHE Special Interest Group (SIG) in Information & Communication Technologies (ICT) invites you to participate in its 2017 Research Symposium.
Date: Friday 21 April 2017
Time: 9am – 5pm
Location: City West Campus, University of South Australia
Purpose and Theme
The purpose of the 2017 Research Symposium is to bring researchers together in order to network, discuss and form collaborations for conducting and advancing research in the field of ICT and tourism, hospitality and events. To facilitate and boost research dialogues and collaborations, the 2017 Research Symposium is linked with four special issues in top academic journals. Participants will have the opportunity to make a short presentation (5-10 minutes) to their peers about a research idea so, that they can receive feedback and identify collaborators for completing their research project. Participants will be encouraged to submit their completed research study to the following special issues:
- Journal of Business Research: Value co-destruction and online deviant behaviour in tourism
- Journal of Travel Research: The sharing economy in tourism and travel: disruptions and innovation in entrepreneurship, employment and business models
- The Service Industries Journal: Smart services in tourism, hospitality and travel
- Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology: Big Data in Tourism and Hospitality
The 2017 Research Symposium will feature a full-day programme including:
- Morning sessions whereby leading academics and journal editors will share their views on the research trends and evolution in the fields of ICT, service management, and tourism, hospitality, events and travel.
- Afternoon parallel break-out sessions allowing participants to present and discuss their research ideas with peers and develop their research plans.
- A day trip to a wine valley (Barossa, Adelaide Hills or McLaren Vale) will be organized on Saturday 22 April 2017. Participants will have the opportunity to extend their discussions and networking with peers during the day, while also experiencing some of the world-wide famous wine landscapes and gastronomy of South Australia. *This tour will proceed depending on the number of people that are able to attend (ie stay over-night).
Registration fees for the 2017 Research symposium (including breakfast, coffee/tea, and lunch) are:
- CAUTHE Members: 20 AUD
- Non-CAUTHE Members: 40 AUD
* The venue, itinerary / wine visits and cost for the wine tour and the social dinner will be confirmed in late March and will depend on the number of people participating.
Please confirm your interest to attend by Friday 3 March 2017 by filling in the registration form found at the bottom of the event webpage (click the weblink below).
The 2017 Research Symposium is sponsored by the CAUTHE and supported by the Centre of Tourism & Leisure Management (CTLM), School of Management, University of South Australia.