The Threat of Terrorism at Major Events in Melbourne: Are We Ready?
Four experts will discuss some of the implications of the risks of terrorism and ways to plan for large scale events putting public safety first and foremost:
- Detective Inspector Ian Milner, Victoria Police Force
- Bill Coleby, Coleby Consulting, Risk and Emergency Management consultant
- Annmaree Angelico, National General Manager PBM Safety
- Paul McCarthy, Director PBM Safety
Major and mega events have always been vulnerable to a range of risk, security and safety issues. However, in the current environment, the risk of terrorism emerges as one of the most urgent and compelling issues facing event managers and practitioners on a daily basis.
This workshop explores issues and challenges related to the threat of terrorism and the need for industry practitioners to be aware of the implications of those threats, and respond accordingly.
It has been designed for industry practitioners, academics, teachers, and students to exchange ideas and benefit from presentations delivered by experts in the fields of terrorism and counter terrorism. It also provides the opportunity for discussions and networking following the formal proceedings.
Date: 21 November 2016
Venue: William Angliss Institute, Building A, Level 3, Room 337
Duration: 1.45 to 4.15pm, followed by refreshments
- Academics and professionals $50
- Meetings and Events Australia Association (MEA) members $40
- Students $20
RSVP: 5:00pm Monday 14 November 2016