CAUTHE invites members to the annual Mid-Year Meeting (MYM) and Industry Engagement forum on Friday 10 August 2012 hosted by Victoria University, Melbourne.
Venue: Victoria University, City Flinders campus, 300 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Level 9 Room 9:15
- 9:30am – 12:00 (CAUTHE Mid-Year Meeting)
- 12:00 – 12:40 Lunch
- 12:40 – 4:00pm (Industry Engagement Forum – followed by networking drinks)
The Industry Engagement forum is titled Changing Perspectives. The aim of this forum is to draw upon current examples from industry leaders combined with scholarly insight to facilitate thought-provoking discussion into the ways in which a change in perspective can create opportunities.
The forum will be lead by the following invited panellists:
- Dianne Smith – Chief Executive, Victoria Tourism Industry Council (VTIC)
- Paul Matthews – GM Marketing & Stakeholder Relations, V/Line
- Tim Sullivan – Deputy CEO, Sovereign Hill
- Dr Mary Hollick – University of Ballarat
- Professor Alison Morrison – Victoria University
- Professor Brian King – Victoria University (Facilitator)
This will be an excellent opportunity for members to hear from industry leaders and academic colleagues on how research and re-thinking problems can create new opportunities. For business, these opportunities typically involve identifying new markets or new products for existing markets. For academics, this re-thinking creates new opportunities for collaborative, industry oriented research.
Cost: CAUTHE members: no charge [Non-members $25. Please contact the secretariat for payment arrangements]
Parking: is available onsite. You can download a map at: https://www.vu.edu.au/campuses/city-flinders
Pre meeting drinks/dinner
Drinks and dinner prior to the MYM will be held at Chocolate Buddha, Federation Square, cnr Swanston and Flinders St, Melbourne.
Date: Thursday 9 July
Time: Drinks: 6:30pm Dinner: 7:00pm
We can recommend two hotels close to the venue:
- Rendevous Hotel 328 Flinders Street, Melbourne, next door to Victoria University
- Citigate Hotel 270 Flinders Street, Melbourne, 100m from Victoria University
RSVP: Please email your ability to attend the MYM, industry forum and/or pre-meeting dinner to the secretariat by Friday 3 August, advising of any dietary requirements.