Academics at levels up to and including Senior Lecturer who are currently working in an Australian or New Zealand institution and who have worked in Australia or New Zealand for a minimum of three years preceding the granting of the Award. Academics nominated for the Award must have attended at least one CAUTHE conference. CAUTHE Fellows and members of the CAUTHE Executive during the year the award is granted are ineligible. The award will be given at the CAUTHE conference.
- A substantial overall contribution to tourism and/or hospitality education and research.
- Evidence of contributions to tourism, hospitality and/or event education may include:
- Advances to pedagogy
- Development of creative or innovative ways to create, share and disseminate knowledge
- Research grants for the development of education programs
- Awards for teaching excellence.
- Evidence of contributions to tourism, hospitality and/or event research may include:
- Impact of the candidate’s research on tourism, hospitality and/or event theory and practice
- Citations or reviews of the candidate’s research internationally
- External recognition of the research quality in the form of prizes, awards or fellowships; Invitations to speak at high status academic and industry fora
- Research grants
- Engagement with industry in research activities
- Invitations to join Editorial Boards of journals
- Contributions as a referee for journals and conferences.
- Nominees must allocate weightings to their research and education activities to total 100% with each category having a minimum of 30%.
- A call is made to Heads of relevant academic departments in all CAUTHE Chapter member institutions to encourage nominations for this award
- Nominations can be made by the Heads of relevant academic departments in all CAUTHE Chapter member institutions
- Nominations can also be made by any Associate members of CAUTHE at Senior Lecturer Level or above
- Those who have been nominated for the award will be asked to complete a short questionnaire detailing his/her contributions to tourism, hospitality and/or event education and to tourism, hospitality and/or event research
- Fellows will rate each person nominated for the award based on their completed questionnaire. Up to ten points to be allocated for each of teaching and research with the total result adjusted to reflect the nominees weightings
- The nomination who receives the highest aggregate rating will be given the award
The award winners will be notified prior to the CAUTHE conference so that they may attend the conference to receive their awards.
Nominations due to CAUTHE Secretariat [email protected] by 30 November 2022.