Events SIG: Panel discussion – Critical Event Studies in the UK and Australia: lost in translation or one voice?’
January 24, 2017
Date: Wednesday, 8 February 2017
Location: CAUTHE 2017 conference – University of Otago, Dunedin, NZ
Venue: St David 2 (G02a)
Open Panel Discussion (everyone is welcome to attend the discussion!)
Organised by the Event Studies SIG of CAUTHE (with call for contributions to IJEFM Special Issue)
Chair: Associate Professor Leonie Lockstone-Binney
- What is critical thinking in the context of event studies? What are critical studies? Has the study of events and its related research reached a stage of criticality?
- A review, comparison and discussion of Event related studies in the UK and in Australia (with insights from these and other CAUTHE member countries invited).
- Associate Professor Jane Ali-Knight, Edinburgh Napier University, Scotland
- Associate Professor Kirsten Holmes, Curtin University, Australia
- Dr Judith Mair, University of Queensland, Australia
- Dr Martin Robertson, Bournemouth University, UK