CfP: JHTM Special Issue | Crisis and disaster in tourism systems: risk, recovery and resilience
April 2, 2020
The focus of this Special Issue is to explore tourism system responses to current and recent tourism risks, crises and disasters, and especially natural hazard events, including the current COVID-19 pandemic. A particular focus of this Special Issue is exploration of longer term recovery and resilience for businesses, destinations, communities and the global tourism system. Contributions are encouraged from a broad range of disciplinary backgrounds and theoretical perspectives, with the aim being to extend interdisciplinary dialogue of these issues.
Guest editors of the Special Issue
- Dr Joanna Fountain – Lincoln University, Christchurch, New Zealand ([email protected])
- Dr Katharina Wolff- University of Bergen, Norway ([email protected] )
- Dr David Beirman- University of Technology Sydney, Australia ([email protected] )
Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Professor Marianna Sigala, University of South Australia ([email protected])
We invite expressions of interest by submitting an abstract (max 200 words) by 31 May 2020 to Joanna Fountain ([email protected] )
- Submission of abstract: 31 May 2020
- Feedback to Authors: 30 June 2020
- Submission of Full Papers: 30 September 2020
- Publication of Special Issue: mid 2021
Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to submit a full manuscript for a double blind peer-review process in accordance with the journal’s submission procedures.