The focus of this Special Issue is to explore tourism system responses to current and recent tourism risks, crises and disasters, and especially natural hazard events, including the current COVID-19 pandemic. A particular focus of this Special Issue is exploration of longer term recovery and resilience for businesses, destinations, communities and the global tourism system. Contributions are encouraged from a broad range of disciplinary backgrounds and theoretical perspectives, with the aim being to extend interdisciplinary dialogue of these issues.
Guest editors of the Special Issue
- Dr Joanna Fountain – Lincoln University, Christchurch, New Zealand ([email protected])
- Dr Katharina Wolff- University of Bergen, Norway ([email protected] )
- Dr David Beirman- University of Technology Sydney, Australia ([email protected] )
Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Professor Marianna Sigala, University of South Australia ([email protected])
We invite expressions of interest by submitting an abstract (max 200 words) by 31 May 2020 to Joanna Fountain ([email protected] )
- Submission of abstract: 31 May 2020
- Feedback to Authors: 30 June 2020
- Submission of Full Papers: 30 September 2020
- Publication of Special Issue: mid 2021
Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to submit a full manuscript for a double blind peer-review process in accordance with the journal’s submission procedures.