Second Call for Abstracts – OPEN NOW
1 September 2012 – Full Research Papers due
1 October 2012 – Working Papers due
The CAUTHE 2013 annual conference will be hosted by Lincoln University’s Department of Social Science, Parks, Recreation Tourism and Sport with the conference based in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Theme: Tourism and Global Change: on the Edge of Something Big
The theme of the 2013 conference is inextricably linked to global change and its manifestations at a local level. Global change includes challenges arising from resource scarcity and climate change, but also relates to changing consumption patterns, innovations, emerging markets and changing geopolitics of tourism. We invite papers reflecting the theme of the conference in the following categories:
- Tourism, risk and resilience
- Global change and the environment
- Tourism, productivity and innovation
- Transforming people and place through tourism
- Tourism governance and institutional responses to global change
- Indigenous tourism in a changing world
- Ethics, equity and social justice
- Visitor values, motives and experiences in a changing world
- Educating and developing human resources in hospitality and tourism
- Tourism and poverty reduction
- Hospitality and tourism futures
- Destinations and natural and man-made disasters
- Hospitality, tourism and new technologies
- Events, festivals and sport tourism
- Qualitative / Quantitative research methods
- Other (including those that relate to Special Interest Group themes – more detail on CAUTHE website)
For more details visit the conference website.
Please circulate this information to any colleagues you feel might be interested in submitting a paper or attending the conference. Download flyer.
You are urged to register your interest on the website.