The Competence Centre in Tourism Management and Tourism Economics (TOMTE) at the Faculty of Economics and Management, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano in Italy, Sunway University of Malaysia, Edith Cowan University in Australia, and Leibniz Institute for Psychology (ZPID) in Germany proudly announce the 14th annual Consumer Behavior in Tourism Symposium (CBTS 2021). CBTS 2021 will take place from 13-15 December, with the theme Imagining Tourism Futures Beyond COVID-19.
As in the previous 13 editions, CBTS 2021 will provide yet another opportunity for tourism researchers and practitioners from all over the world to exchange scientific ideas and results and discuss new and emerging directions in research and practice in the field.
CBTS 2021 will be held as a global virtual conference. It will be hosted synchronously from 3 continents, hence allowing presenters and attendees to participate independently of time zones.
The scientific committee welcomes theoretical or applied research contributions in the form of structured abstracts (please see submission guidelines) on the following topics:
- From under-tourism back to over-tourism? Consumer behavior after pandemic times
- Crisis management, risk management, safety, and security in tourism
- Re-envisioning tourism marketing
- Destination management: balancing innovation, governance, and markets
- Current issues in decision making and travel behavior
- From red lists to green lists – policies, governance, and implications
- Redesigning tourism services – smile or smart?
Deadline for abstracts submissions: 15 October 2021
For more detailed information on thematic areas and opportunities to participate, present, publish, and to meet our keynote speakers Marianna Sigala, University of South Australia,Dimitrios Buhalis, University of Bournemouth and The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Giacomo Del Chiappa, University of Sassari, and Lawrence Fong, University of Macao live, please visit: www.cbts2021.org
We look forward to receiving your contributions to CBTS 2021
The Scientific Committee of CBTS 2021