The 2022 Mid-Year meeting, a Fellows’ panel & discussion, and 30th birthday celebration will be held at Southern Cross University, Gold Coast campus and online from 9:30am on Friday 29 July. The meetings will be followed by lunch and a 30th birthday cake to celebrate CAUTHE’s establishment on 19 June 1992. The event is free and open to all members. If non-members wish to attend, there will be a charge to cover the catering cost.
Thursday 28th July
- 18:30 Social dinner at own cost (North Kirra Surf Club, Pacific Parade (end of Lang Street), North Kirra QLD)
PO Box 1070
Coolangatta QLD 4225
Friday 29th July
- 9:30-11:00 Fellows panel and discussion
- 11:00-11:30 Morning tea
- 11:30-1:30 Mid-year meeting
- 1:30-2:30 Lunch + 30th birthday celebration
- 2:30-4:30 Executive [only] planning meeting
Download agenda 2022 Mid-Year Meeting (will be available by 1 July 2022)
Papers and reports
**All papers and reports will be available for download by Friday 22 July.
- Previous minutes 2021 Mid-Year Meeting
- Treasurer’s report – Dr Paul Whitelaw
- 2022 Conference report – Assoc Prof Leonie Lockstone-Binney
- 2022 PhD/ECR workshop report – Dr Elaine Yang
- 2022 MCA workshop report – Assoc Prof Naomi Dale
- Membership and social media report – Penny Jose
- Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management report – Prof Marianna Sigala
- Fellows’ report – Prof Bob McKercher & Prof Betty Weiler
- Special Interest Groups report – Dr Wendy Hillman
- CAUTHE Associate and Student members: FREE. *Registrations open 1 July 2022*
- Non-CAUTHE members: $30. Please contact the CAUTHE Secretariat.
Venue, parking and access
Address: Gold Coast Airport, Terminal Dr, Bilinga QLD 4225 (Access via Terminal Drive, Gold Coast Airport).
Parking: The date for this event falls within a teaching period, during which there is limited parking on campus. All parking is on a search and find basis and there are no visitor passes and no ability to reserve parking. Please ensure you park according to sign-posts and do not leave cars overnight to avoid fines.
Transport: Please click on the following link to see options of how to travel to/from the Gold Coast campus by public transport.
Access: All facilities are fully wheelchair accessible.
CAUTHE secretariat Penny Jose