The 2022 Mid-Year meeting, a Fellows’ panel & discussion, and 30th birthday celebration will be held at Room A4:05, Southern Cross University, Gold Coast campus and online from 9:30am on Friday 29 July. The meetings will be followed by lunch and a 30th birthday cake to celebrate CAUTHE’s establishment on 19 June 1992. The event is open and free to all members. If non-members wish to attend, there is a $40 charge to cover the catering cost, or $20 for online participation.
Download Minutes 2022 Mid-Year Meeting
Thursday 28th July
- 18:00 onwards Social dinner at North Kirra Surf Club, Pacific Parade (end of Lang Street), North Kirra QLD (at own cost )
Friday 29th July
- 9:30-11:00 Fellows’ panel and discussion. Topic: Building Researcher Identity of PhD Students and ECRs.
For more go to 2022 Mid-Year Fellows’ Panel discussion
- 11:00-11:30 Morning tea
- 11:30-13:00 Mid-year meeting – ALL CAUTHE members invited
- 13:00-14:00 Lunch + 30th birthday celebration
- 14:00-16:00 Executive [only] Strategy meeting
Times are Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
Download Agenda 2022 Mid-Year Meeting
Papers and reports
- Previous minutes 2021 Mid-Year Meeting
- Treasurer’s report – Dr Paul Whitelaw
- 2022 Conference report – Assoc Prof Leonie Lockstone-Binney
- 2022 PhD/ECR workshop report – Dr Elaine Yang
- 2022 MCA workshop report – Assoc Prof Naomi Dale
- Membership and social media report – Penny Jose
- Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management report – Prof Marianna Sigala
- Fellows’ report – Prof Bob McKercher & Prof Betty Weiler
- Special Interest Groups report – Dr Wendy Hillman
Registrations open on Monday 27 June 2022 at Eventbrite
- CAUTHE Associate and Student members: FREE
- Non-CAUTHE members,
- In-person: $40
- Online: $20
- Please pay here and/or contact the CAUTHE Secretariat for more information
Registrations close on Friday 22 July 2022.
Venue, parking and access
Address: Gold Coast Airport, Terminal Dr, Bilinga QLD 4225 (Access via Terminal Drive, Gold Coast Airport).
Parking: Parking at the Gold Coast SCU Campus is free in the marked areas for CAUTHE event visitors. There will be no charge for parking, and no permits will be required. However, the date for this event falls within a teaching period, during which there may be limited parking on campus. All parking is on a search and find basis and there are no visitor passes and no ability to reserve parking. Please ensure you park according to sign-posts and do not leave cars overnight to avoid fines. The Gold Coast airport long term parking areas are adjacent to, but separate from, the University, and require payment.
Transport: Please click on the following link to see options of how to travel to/from the Gold Coast campus by public transport.
Access: All facilities are fully wheelchair accessible.
This event will follow a COVID-safe plan that meets Southern Cross University and Queensland Government COVID-19 safety requirements. We thank you for your adherence to these recommendations, particularly that you keep 1.5m physical distance from others where possible, stay home if you are sick, and to go home if you are unwell. We will space out the chairs to allow for distance between the attendees and provide hand sanitiser and masks for your use if you wish.
CAUTHE Secretariat Penny Jose