After the launch and the great success of its first research paper hackathon in 2018, the Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Management (JHTM) is committed to continue its support to tourism and hospitality research by organising a second ‘Paper Hackathon’.
The goal of the hackathon is to support tourism researchers to form partnerships with the aim to develop and pitch for a paper publication on JHTM.
The hackathon will take place during the the 5th World Research Summit for Hospitality and Tourism at the Rosen College of Hospitality Management, Orlando, USA.
To register your participation, please e-mail a one to two page proposal (by 1st December 2019) to the JHTM Editor-In-Chief (Professor Marianna Sigala)
DOWNLOAD CFP HACKATHON @ UCF 2019
|PAPER HACKATHON PROGRAMME
|13 December 2019
- Presentation of the aims and the structure of the JHTM Paper Hackathon (Prof Marianna Sigala, Editor-In-Chief JHTM)
- ‘Speed dating’ for meeting and organising participants into collaborating teams or you might already have a team or other scholar with whom you wish to work together
- Matching of teams with mentors (by areas of interest and specialisation)
- Meet with your mentor and other team members and design a work plan for the next 2 days
|14 – 15 December 2019
- Work with your team members to brainstorm and develop your paper-a-thon idea and presentation.
- Liaise with your mentors and agree on timelines for seeking help and feedback.
- Mentors can choose to be involved or not as an author.
- Teams schedule their own plans for the 2 days.
|16 December 2019
- 10-minute presentations to the panel and conference participants.
- Panel members’ meeting and People’s voting.
- Announcement and recognition of the JHTM Paper Hackathon Award winners.