CAUTHE 2015 call for papers
June 29, 2014
Southern Cross University Coolangatta, Gold Coast, Australia
2-5 February 2015
Rising Tides and Sea Changes: Adaptation and Innovation in Tourism and Hospitality
The CAUTHE 2015 Committee welcomes papers for CAUTHE 2015. The conference theme acknowledges the rapid changes and key issues facing tourism and hospitality research, education and industry. The conference will engage in discussions and debates about how to adapt, innovate and be resilient in a time of change. As its name suggests, the CAUTHE 2015 theme also deliberately targets issues relating to tourism and hospitality in coastal areas, such as at the Gold Coast (including the impacts of climate change). At the same time, our theme is broad enough to incorporate other discussions related to adaptation and innovation in tourism and hospitality education, research, and the industry.
- Adaptation and innovation in tourism and hospitality education
- Industry changes and innovations
- Destination development and resilience
- Aviation, cruise and other transport management
- Sustainable tourism (including tourism in protected areas, Indigenous tourism)
- ‘Sea Changers’ and other lifestyle changes and niche markets
- Climate change and sea level rise
- Impacts of sporting events and festivals (the Commonwealth Games will be held at the Gold Coast in 2018)
- Innovation in tourism methods and ‘new’ methodologies
- Cross border/cross sector tourism
- Other themes related to CAUTHE SIGs (Special Interest Groups). SIG details can be found at the CAUTHE website.
Conference papers may be either full research papers or working papers. Both types of papers will be double-blind reviewed and all accepted papers will be included in the Conference Proceedings.
Full Research Papers (up to 5000 words): DUE 15 October 2014
Working Papers (up to 1500 words): DUE 15 November 2014
For all information related to the Call for Papers, including details on paper submission guidelines and where to submit, please go to the conference website. Any enquiries about papers should be directed to Dr Erica Wilson, Chair of the Scientific Committee, email. Conference registration will open soon.
We look forward to seeing you at the Gold Coast, Australia in our summer, 2015!