CAUTHE and TEFI are key organisations that work to promote research and scholarship in the areas of tourism, hospitality and events. A Memorandum of Understanding between the two organisation aims to facilitate opportunities for collaboration, networking and cross-disciplinary engagement between the two organisations for mutual benefit. It is anticipated that greater collaboration will strengthen research cultures, inform teaching and learning development and broaden potential links with industry across sectors identified with tourism, hospitality and events.
Both organisations agree to communicate about planned events and conferences to consider opportunities for collaboration as well as provide the following benefits to their members:
- A discount for conference registration for CAUTHE and TEFI conferences (if available).
- Involvement in special interest research groups convened by either CAUTHE or TEFI.
- Cross promotion of website links for each organisation and distribution of calls for papers, conferences and symposia.
- Invite the respective organisation to attend special workshops, seminars, and symposia organised by the other organisation (including PhD/Early Career workshops).
- Share knowledge about the effective management of their professional association (that is not subject to commercial restraints).
Download Memorandum of Understanding.
This Memorandum of Understanding will be reviewed after two years from October 2019 with the agreement of both parties.