CAUTHE 2011 – 21st CAUTHE Conference
Theme: Tourism – Creating a Brilliant Blend
Date: 8 – 11 February 2011
The School of Management at the University of South Australia hosted the 21st CAUTHE annual conference for academics, scholars and government industry representatives in Adelaide. A PhD and ECR workshop was held prior to the conference on Monday 7 February.
Researchers were invited to submit papers examining aspects related to the notion of a brilliant blend, reflecting implications of the product and services mix needed by destinations to achieve optimum tourist experiences. Themes were sufficiently flexible and universal in their relevance and of interest to scholars throughout Australia and internationally.
Jenny Davies: Conference Chair
Professor Graham Brown
Dr Michael Gross
Associate Professor Vivienne McCabe
Dr Aise Kim
Dr Rob Hallak
Emma Combey (Student)
Conference organiser: Elisabeth Eaton, Festival City Conventions
For full report go to Account login>CAUTHE documents.
- Phillip Pearce, James Cook University, Qld, Australia, The Going Home Experience – new opportunities for tourism researchers. Download
- Prof. Jean-Pierre Poulain, University of Toulouse, Trends in hospitality scholarships: The French paradox. Download
- John Tribe, University of Surrey, UK, Tourism Studies: A Brilliant Blend? Download
- Betty Weiler, Southern Cross University, Using research to foster pro-environmental behaviour. Download
- Geoff Bailey, Tourism Research Australia, Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism, Tourism Research and National Long Term Tourism Strategy. Download