The Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management (JHTM) makes awards each year to the authors of a best paper and two highly commended papers, and the best reviewers of the year. The awards are presented during the gala of the annual CAUTHE conference.
**Free access to the 2018 award winning papers will be granted until end of June 2018.
Best paper award
The award is based on usage statistics and Scopus citation counts of the published papers and an assessment of the papers’ contribution to the research field.
2018 Power in tourism stakeholder collaborations: Power types and power holders. Hiroaki Saito and Lisa Ruhanen
2017 Motivating frontline employees: Role of job characteristics in work and life satisfaction. Xinyuan Zhao, Richard Ghiselli, Rob Law, Jing Ma
Highly commended paper award
- Impact of responsible tourism on destination sustainability and quality of life of community in tourism destinations. Paul V. Mathrew and S. Sreesanth
- Destination positioning and temporality: Tracking relative strengths and weaknesses over time. Steven Pike
- Returning to paradise: Investigating issues of tourism crisis and disaster recovery on the island of Bali. Yetta Gurtner
- Developing a people-technology hybrids model to unleash innovation and creativity: The new hospitality frontier. Jay Kandampully, Anil Bilgihan, Tingting Zhang
Best reviewer award
The top reviewer award was based on both the number and speed of the reviews, as well as the quality of the reviews provided by these individuals
- Joan Henderson (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore)
- Noel Scott (Griffith University, Australia)
- Filep, Sebastian (University of Otago, NZ)
- Gustavo, Nuno (ESHTE, Escola Superior de Hotelaria e Turismo do Estoril, Portugal)
- Kozak, Metin (Dokuz Eylül Üniversitesi, Turkey)
- John, Surej (Waikato University, NZ)
Professor Marianna Sigala
University of South Australia