The Critical Approaches in Tourism and Hospitality Special Interest Group meeting at this year’s CAUTHE Conference in Cairns. Please see CATH Special Interest Group page for further information about the SIG.
This year we will have a Q & A Panel Discussion Staying Disruptive: Living and Practising as a Critical Scholar.
We have asked the panel to consider the following questions:
- How easy /difficult has it been to design a curriculum/teaching subjects with a critical focus?
- How receptive are students to critical thinking?
- How easy/difficult has it been to research and publish as a critical scholar?
- How easy/difficult has it been to practise critical thinking in your community engagement?
- Have there been any issues which have impacted your wellbeing/intellectual, personal integrity?
- What is working/not working? Any advice to others?
Panel: Professor Kevin Markwell (Southern Cross University), Dr Catheryn Khoo-Lattimore (Griffith University) and Dr Oskaras Vorobjovas-Pinta (University of Tasmania)
Facilitators: Candice Harris, Jennie Small and Erica Wilson (SIG Coordinators)
Date: Wednesday 13 February 5.00-6.00pm
Venue: Pullman International Cairns
|Afterwards: Dinner at 6.30 at Hemingways Brewery, Cairns Wharf, Corner Wharf and Lake Streets Cairns, 4870, Tel: 07 4099 6663 (near conference venue). Please note: Dinner at own expense|
We hope you can join us and look forward to seeing you there.
Jennie Small, Candice Harris and Erica Wilson (SIG Coordinators)