Call for Papers
We are delighted to announce the first call for papers for the 28th Annual Council for Australasian Tourism and Hospitality Education (CAUTHE) Conference. CAUTHE 2018, proudly hosted by the University of Newcastle, will be held from 5-8 February 2018 in the beautiful coastal city of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia.
The theme of the CAUTHE 2018 conference is Get Smart: Paradoxes and Possibilities in Tourism, Hospitality and Events. This theme encourages researchers to engage a critical lens on the creation and generation of knowledge in tourism, hospitality and events.
CAUTHE 2018 acknowledges that the process of building knowledge, and getting smart about tourism, hospitality and events, can generate a series of paradoxes, ironies and juxtapositions that challenge conventions and create alternative ways of knowing.
We call for innovative contributions focusing on how tourism, hospitality and events are experienced and developed. We encourage papers on teaching, curriculum, and pedagogical research, as well as theoretical and empirical studies relating to tourism, hospitality and events.
Confirmed keynote speakers & workshop facilitators
- Professor Annette Pritchard, Professor of Tourism at Cardiff Metropolitan University and Director of Welsh Centre for Tourism Research.
- Professor Sara Dolnicar, Professor of Tourism, UQ Business School, The University of Queensland.
- Professor Cathy Hsu, Chair Professor of Hospitality and Tourism Marketing, School of Hospitality and Tourism Management, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Professor Siggi Gudergan, Professor of Strategy and International Business, Newcastle Business School, The University of Newcastle
- Ms Cherie Johnson, Managing Director of Speaking in Colour, Newcastle.
- Dr Nathaniel Bavinton, Smart City Coordinator, Strategic Planning Division, Newcastle City Council.
Other speaker announcements, along with the conference and workshop programs, will be made in due course.
The CAUTHE 2018 Organising Committee now welcomes Full Research Papers and Working Papers. Please visit our website for paper details and submission guidelines. The deadlines for papers submissions are:
- Full Research Papers: 20 October 2017
- Working Research Papers: 3 November 2017
Further details on the conference theme and sub-themes are on the CAUTHE 2018 website.
Conference Convenor: Dr Tamara Young
Organising Committee: Dr Paul Stolk, Ms Kirrily Anderson, Ms Melanie Gibson, and the Tourism Staff of the Newcastle Business School, the Faculty of Business and Law.
We look forward to seeing you in Newcastle for CAUTHE 2018!