SUBMISSIONS CLOSE: 12 May 2019
Purpose and theme
The Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Management (JHTM) invites you to participate in the 2019 Research Symposium to be held on 21 June 2019 at the University of South Australia, Adelaide.
JHTM is growing from strength to strength with a major presence and impact in the tourism, hospitality and events field. With a continuously increasing Citescore impact factor, the JHTM was accepted for inclusion in the Social Sciences Citation Index® (SSCI) in 2018, and we are expecting our first SSCI impact factor in June 2019.
The purpose of the 2019 JHTM Research Symposium is to bring researchers together to network, discuss and form collaborations for conducting and advancing research in the field of tourism, hospitality and events. The 2019 Research Symposium also aims to support scholars to publish their research in JHTM as well as to celebrate the successes of the JHTM.
The program and the theme of the 2019 JHTM Research Symposium is designed around the development of a special issue for the JHTM on the themes of Customer Experience and Tourism Innovation.
Participants will have the opportunity to make a short presentation (5-10 minutes) about a research idea or a study that they are working on, so that they can receive feedback on how to improve it and convert it into a journal paper. The JHTM editor, the guest editors of the JHTM special issue as well as other members of the editorial board of the JHTM will also be available to provide feedback and advice to presenters.
To facilitate research collaborations and help participants to publish a paper in the JHTM special issue, the programme of the 2019 JHTM Research Symposium includes a series of interactive and participatory sessions designed around the theme of the JHTM special issue.
Friday 21 June 2019
- 8:30 – 10:30: Interactive workshop: Lego as a serious game: creative experience design
- 10:30 – 11:00 Coffee break
- 11:00 – 13:00 Keynote speakers and panel discussion
- 13:00 – 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 – 15:30 Paper presentations
- 15:30 – 16:00 Afternoon tea
- 16:00 – 17:30 Paper presentations
Saturday 22 June 2019: optional field trip
A field trip to the McLaren Vale for visiting the newly iconic cellar door of D’Arenberg Cube. The Cube is a creative space offering numerous multi-sensorial wine experiences. We will have the chance to visit this winescape and hear from its wine entrepreneur, Chester Osborn, the design and rational of some of their ultimate wine experiences. This will be a full day edutainment field trip, visiting two other exceptional cellar doors in McLaren Valley in order to experience and learn more about their wine tourism offerings.
The 2019 JHTM Research Symposium invites submissions in the following formats:
- Papers: Interested authors should submit an extended structured abstract about their research not exceeding 1500 words. The structured abstract should outline the research study according to the following topics: research aims; research methodology/design; major findings; research contribution; practical implications.
- Works in progress: Interested authors should submit an abstract, not exceeding 500 words, about their work-in-progress. The abstract should introduce the study phenomenon, theoretical foundations, suggested methodology and expected findings and implications.
Submissions do not have to relate to topic of the JHTM special issue. However, authors of symposium papers that fit the scope of the special issue are welcome to submit an enhanced version of their manuscript to the JHTM special issue.
Participants should submit your work via Easychair.
Submission Deadline: 12 May 2019
Publication Opportunity – Special issue for the JHTM
Participants of the 2019 JHTM Research symposium will have the opportunity to submit an enhanced version of their symposium submission to a special issue for the JHTM.
The 2019 JHTM Research Symposium is co-sponsored by CAUTHE and the Centre of Tourism & Leisure Management (CTLM), School of Management, University of South Australia.
Registration fees for the 2019 JHTM Research Symposium, including breakfast, coffee/tea, and lunch, are:
- Registration Fee for CAUTHE Members: 75 AUD
- Registration Fee for non-CAUTHE Members: 100 AUD
Information about the registration process will be distributed in April 2019.
For more information about the workshop, please contact Prof Marianna Sigala, 2019 JHTM Research Symposium Chair